4 seasons in the heart of nature
Coming on holiday at Camping Montana*** means being in the heart of a department and a valley that has remained authentic, where life is good in all seasons, where there are many activities for all tastes and all levels, and above all where the pleasure of the eyes is constantly renewed.
Summer and winter alike, you will be amazed by the diversity of the fauna and flora present and will be able to practise a host of activities:
- Hiking or snowshoeing : Numerous trails near the campsite or in the Haute-Vallée to discover the must-see mountain lakes, observe marmots, ibexes or even a bunch of génépi.
- Mountain biking on the trails or in the bike parks of the ski resorts.
- Road biking on our mythical passes (Le Lautaret, le Galibier, le Granon and l'Izoard)
- Whitewater sports such as rafting or canoeing with numerous providers on site.
- Swimming: Spend a relaxing moment in our heated swimming pool or in the many biotopes of the Serre-Chevalier valley or treat yourself to a day at the Serre-Ponçon lake (1h / 1h30 from the beaches).
- Treat yourself to a moment of relaxation in "Les Grands Bains" at Monétier les bains, in naturally warm water with unsuspected benefits.
- Tree climbing or rock climbing with numerous sites nearby.
- Skiing in all its forms (alpine, nordic or hiking): For winter sports lovers, a toboggan run for children is just opposite the campsite and you can also put on classic cross-country skis or skating skis from the Montana! For downhill skiing, the resorts of Montgenevre and Serre Chevalier-Briançon are only a few minutes away and offer hundreds of kilometres of piste for beginners or experts.
Lastly, in all seasons Italy opens its doors to you via the Col de Montgenèvre with Turin about 100 kms away and the TGV station of Oulx only 45 minutes away by car with several shuttles for travellers.