Explore magical places
Camping Le Montana is ideally situated at the gateway to the Clarée on the access road to the village of Névache and its high valley, a land of hiking. In the heart of this unspoilt valley, with its dazzling landscapes that vary with the seasons, numerous paths will allow you to go for family walks in the middle of a resplendent wilderness where you will undoubtedly come across marmots, chamois and other nails; and for the luckiest, perhaps the wolf...
Briançon, the highest town in Europe, with its old town and its gargoyle, "la Cité Vauban" is 3 kms away and is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site because of its fortifications.
Briançon is a stopover town on the Grandes Alpes route from Lake Geneva to Menton, with more than 300 days of sunshine a year. Briançon is also the crossroads between the different valleys around it:
- La Clarée of course: 20,000 hectares of pure nature, where two pretty communes, Val-des-Prés and Névache, nestle, offers you authenticity and wide open spaces for your outdoor activities.
- La Guisane and the famous resort of Serre Chevalier , which rises towards the Col du Lautaret and drops down to La Grave la Meije and then towards Grenoble.
- The Durance river which flows down to the Embrunais and the Serre Ponçon dam, the 2nd largest artificial lake in Europe,
- The Ecrins with the Pelvoux and the Pré de Madame Carles
- The Queyras, its regional park and the village of Saint Véran, the highest village in Europe, by the Mythical Col de l'Izoard and its deserted cassia.
Le Grand Briançonnais is the ideal playground and discovery area for family or friends, for mountain and nature lovers, to practice or to contemplate in order to recharge their batteries.